There is no shortage of accredited auto mechanics programs in Virginia. Whether you live in populous Northern Virginia, the Norfolk area, Central Virginia’s farm country, or the beautiful Blue Ridge, there is certain to be a facility near you that can train you as an auto mechanic! After you complete the program of your choice, you can help keep Virginia’s 7.8 million registered vehicles on the road and running smoothly and safely.
To find training as an auto mechanic, you might first check with your nearest community college. If they don’t have such a program, they may know of a school close by that does. A local vocational high school can often direct you to an accredited training program.
How to Get Certified in Virginia
In the state of Virginia, a car mechanic is not required to be licensed to repair cars. However, it’s much easier to find a job as a mechanic if your expertise is accompanied by a certificate of completion from a recognized school. ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certification is desirable, and Master Mechanic certification is even better. A State Inspection Certificate is required by many employers. On-the-job training also helps to prepare a would-be mechanic for the career of his choice.
Featured Program: Advanced Technology Institute
Image Source: visitvirginiabeach.com
Widely considered to be one of the finest technical schools in the nation, ATI offers an extensive automotive program.
- 70+ years of helping students start careers in Health Sciences, Business & Information Technology, Automotive, Skilled Trades, and more.
- This year, Lincoln schools around the country have made more than $15 million in scholarship funds available to qualified students.
- Designated a Military Friendly School for the 6th year in a row by Victory Media, and offers exclusive scholarship for servicemen and women and their families.
- Schools include Lincoln Tech, Lincoln Culinary Institute, and Lincoln College of New England, with 30 campuses in 15 states across the U.S.
- Automotive Technology
- Diesel Technology
- Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Aviation Institute of Maintenance schools are distinguished institutes committed to the education and personal enrichment of each student interested in the Aviation Industry. Students can succeed in our collegiate environment when properly motivated and taught to set goals in furthering their education. All aspects of our mechanic school are enriched with creating an atmosphere conducive to learning, while instilling a high degree of business ethics and professionalism.
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Virginia
Salaries for auto mechanics in Virginia vary with location as well as with level of experience. In western Virginia, salary ranges from $25,000 to $42,000. Near DC, in Northern Virginia, pay scales rise to an average of $40,000, with some experienced mechanics bringing home much more.
More Auto Mechanic Schools in Virginia
|SCHOOL NAME||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Advanced Technology Institute||Virginia Beach||(757) 490-1241||5700 Southern Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA 23462||www.auto.edu|
|Tidewater Community College||Norfolk||(757) 822-1122||300 Granby Street, Norfolk, VA 23510||www.tcc.edu|
|Northern Virginia Community College||Annandale||(703) 323-3000||6699 Springfield Center Drive, Springfield, VA 22150||www.nvcc.edu|
|Thomas Nelson Community College||Hampton||(757) 825-2700||525 Butler Farm Road, Hampton, VA 23666||tncc.edu|
|Tidewater Tech - Trades||Norfolk||(757) 858-8324||5301 East Princess Anne Road, Norfolk, VA 23502||www.tidewatertechtrades.edu|
|J Sargeant Reynolds Community College||Richmond||(804) 371-3000||1851 Dickinson Road, Goochland, VA 23063||www.reynolds.edu|
|Danville Community College||Danville||(434) 797-2222||1008 South Main Street, Danville, VA 24541||www.dcc.vccs.edu|
|Germanna Community College||Locust Grove||(540) 423-9030||10000 Germanna Point Drive, Fredericksburg, VA 22408||www.germanna.edu|
|Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center||Fishersville||(540) 332-7265||243 Woodrow Wilson Avenue, Fishersville, VA 22939||www.wwrc.net|
|New River Community College||Dublin||(540) 674-3600||5251 State Road 373, Dublin, VA 24084||www.nr.edu|
|Patrick Henry Community College||Martinsville||(276) 656-0311||645 Patriots Avenue, Martinsville, VA 24112||www.ph.vccs.edu|
|Southside Virginia Community College||Alberta||(888) 220-7822||09 Campus Drive, Alberta, VA 23821||southside.edu|
|Blue Ridge Community College||Weyers Cave||(540) 234-9261||One College Lane, Weyers Cave, VA 24486||www.brcc.edu|
|Virginia Western Community College||Roanoke||(540) 857-7311||3094 Colonial Avenue, Roanoke, VA 24015||www.virginiawestern.edu|
|Virginia Highlands Community College||Abingdon||(276) 739-2400||100 VHCC Drive, Abingdon, VA 24210||www.vhcc.edu|