If you are looking to become an auto mechanic in the Virginia Beach area, you will need to find accredited schools where you can receive the training you need. Across Virginia, you can find various programs at high schools, community colleges, vocational schools and community centers where you can learn skills in a number of different automotive areas. Once such school in Virginia Beach is the Advanced Technology Institute which offers certifications in several areas, including brakes, engine performance, engine repair, automatic transmission and transaxle, heating and air conditioning and more.
How to Get Certified in Virginia Beach
The school mentioned above is accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) a non-profit organization that accredits programs across the nation to ensure consistent, quality training within the industry. Most schools in the state have received NATEF’s evaluation and accreditation. Once you earn a diploma or degree in automotive repair from such a program, then you can look into certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). A license is not required to work on cars in the state, but certification from ASE on your resume will likely increase your job opportunities. Receiving their approval indicates professionalism and shows that you are a well-trained mechanic who strives for excellence in your diagnostic and repair work.
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Looking for an Online IT Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Virginia
According to 2013 numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the annual mean wage for automotive service technicians and mechanics in Virginia was $42,740, making it one of the better paying states in the industry. The hourly mean wage worked out to $20.55.
List of Auto Mechanic Programs in Virginia
You can find listings of programs within the state of Virginia at various websites. It’s easiest to search by state and by NATEF approval. You will find automotive classes in many different venues in a number of cities across all Virginia regions. These cities include but are not limited to Alexandria, Chesapeake, Hampton, Lynchburg, Salem, Stafford and Williamsburg, in addition to Virginia Beach.