The Oklahoma Technical College (OTC) is the only institute in Tulsa that offers automotive training and diplomas. The college prepares students for certifications in eight subjects: Automatic Transmissions; Brakes; Electrical; Engine Repair; Engine Performance; Heating and Air Conditioning; Manual Drive Train and Axles; and Suspension and Steering. They also prepare the students for the Automotive Service Technician (AST) exam.
How to Get Certified in Tulsa
The OTC offers both the technician certification and the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) diploma. The school reports that 87 percent of graduates with the certifications gained employment but 100 percent of the graduates with AAS diplomas found employment.
List of Elite Programs in Tulsa, OK
Featured Program: Oklahoma Technical College
Image Source: oklahomatechnicalcollege.com
In just eight and a half short months at Oklahoma Technical College, students are skillfully and passionately prepared for a lucrative and fulfilling career in the automotive industry. The eventual goal is to complete the program and successfully become ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) examination certified. Students gain proficiency in the following vehicular technical systems: electrical systems, engine performance, brake systems, heating and air conditioning, manual drive transmission, automatic transmission, engine repair, suspension, and steering. Once the program is completed, students are given a tool kit that will help prepare them for the tasks they will be doing day to day on the job once they are employed. The kit includes items such as sockets, wrenches, power tools, a tool chest, and anything else that will help them to be extremely prepared to begin work. The curriculum focuses on learning from experience, which includes being out day to day in the shop and lab taking part in practicing for real situations and jobs that will need to be done in actual employment. If you are a dedicated and passionate student wishing to pursue a career in the automotive industry, enroll at Oklahoma Technical College today!
Image Source: glassdoor.com
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Tulsa
In a May 2013 report, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) approximates 1,860 people work in the industry in Tulsa. Tulsa workers have an annual mean wage of $37,380, but the bureau reports that the salary range is approximately $18,900 to $59,300. Employees with degrees, such as the AAS, earn more than employees who have no training or accreditation.
More Auto Mechanic Schools in Tulsa
|SCHOOL NAME||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Oklahoma Technical College||(918) 895-7500||4444 S Sheridan Rd, Tulsa, OK 74145||http://oklahomatechnicalcollege.com/|