The extreme weather conditions in Texas force drivers to take their vehicles in for service all year long. From the low freezing temperatures of January and February to the high heat during the summer months, oil changes and fluid checks must occur frequently.
Over the next few years, the auto repair industry will experience a large growth in career opportunities. If you live in San Antonio, TX, there are a variety of accredited auto mechanic schools to choose from.
How to Get Certified in San Antonio, TX
With the changes in fuel, hybrid and diesel technologies, certification is essential to obtaining employment as an auto technician in San Antonio.
The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence is the main source of mechanic exam administration in San Antonio. From over 15 specialties, students have the option to take tests in collision repair and refinishing, damage analysis and estimation, auto maintenance and light repair, alternate fuels, electronic diesel and more.
An ASE certificate is a standard requirement, along with auto course completion, for employment in the San Antonio area.
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in San Antonio, TX
If you’ve just completed an auto repair degree and are looking for a job, you can expect to make about $35,000 per year.
Diesel technicians and other specialty mechanics with at least two to three years of experience often see a salary of between $44,000 and $50,000 per year. Any type of specialist who is in high demand can seek employment for an increased salary of at least 15 to 20 percent over base pay.
Master service technicians working in San Antonio can expect a salary of $50,000 per year.
More Auto Mechanic Schools in San Antonio
|SCHOOL NAME||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|South Texas Vocational Technical Institute||(956) 969-1564||2419 E Haggar Ave, Weslaco, TX 78596||www.stvt.edu|
|Northwest Vista College||(210) 486-4000||3535 N Ellison Dr, San Antonio, TX 78251||https://www.alamo.edu/nvc/|
|St Philips College||(210) 486-2000||1801 Martin Luther King Dr, San Antonio, TX 78203||https://www.alamo.edu/spc/|