The path to becoming a working auto mechanic usually begins with enrolling in an accredited school. The National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) provides certification for programs that offer auto technician classes and meet national standards. By attending a NATEF certified institution, students can rest assured they are learning the skills and practices that will help them successfully perform the daily job duties of an auto mechanic.
In addition to attending a certified institute, auto mechanics may also receive individual certification. The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence offers ASE certification. To qualify, auto mechanics must complete two years of on the job training or a combination of an education course that awards a two-year degree and one year of on the job training. In addition to accumulating the required amount of education and/or on the job training, certification candidates must pass an exam. ASE certification helps mechanics become more competitive in the job market is it demonstrates to employers that a candidate has achieved a standard level of competency.
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Rhode Island
The average annual salary for auto mechanics in Rhode Island is $38,400. Most mechanics are employed at individual automotive repair centers or at dealerships. Automotive technician jobs are expected to grow at a rate of nine percent over the next 10 years; therefore, job seekers may expect to have sufficient employment prospects.
Featured Program: New England Institute of Technology
Image Source: physicaltherapist.com
One of the most important investments you can make in a world struggling so much is YOURSELF. You can learn anything you desire and put your mind to. Why not look into becoming an auto mechanic at the New England Institute of Technology? This associate degree program provides diagnosis, repair and service curriculum to ASE standards. Invest in a fulfilling and lucrative career and enroll today!
Image Source: stylepinner.com
More Auto Mechanic Schools in Rhode Island
|SCHOOL NAME||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|New England Institute of Technology||Warwick||(401) 467-7744||2500 Post Road, Warwick, RI 02886||www.neit.edu|