The Oklahoma City Community College in Oklahoma City offers degrees in automotive technology, including an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in the Automotive Technology Internship Program, AAS through the GM Automotive Service Educational Program and a 21-credit hour Certificate of Mastery. The GM plan guarantees employment with a sponsor after graduation.
How to Get Certified in Oklahoma City, OK
Although car dealers may need special licensing, auto mechanics do not. Nevertheless, most clients prefer to have trained personnel work on their vehicles. Certified mechanics generally earn a higher wage and find employment easier than workers who have no training.
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Looking for an Online IT Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) May 2013 report, automobile repair and maintenance staff in Oklahoma earn an annual mean wage of $37,070. It estimates that 7,040 work in the industry throughout the state. In Oklahoma City and the surrounding area, the annual mean wage is slightly higher at $39,020 and about 2,590 people work as mechanics or technicians. Nationally, the wage estimate is about $39,450. The BLS also estimates that wages range from a low of $19,500 to a high of $60,400. Employees with career training generally earn the higher range of wages.
More Auto Mechanic Schools in Oklahoma City
|SCHOOL NAME||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Oklahoma City Comm. College||405-682-1611||7777 South May Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73159||www.occc.edu/|