The only college in Minneapolis that offers certifications and degrees in the auto industry is Dunwoody College of Technology. The school offers courses in engine performance and engine repair as well as automatic transmission and transaxle; brakes, electrical electronic systems; heating and air conditioning; manual drive train and axles; and suspension and steering. Graduates of the two-year program receive an Associate of Applied Science Degrees (AAS) in Automotive Technology.
How to Get Certified in Minneapolis, MN
Auto technicians and repair personnel do not need special certification to work in Minneapolis. Customers, however, expect better service from accredited workers and often seek out repair shops that hire trained staff. Many vehicle owners want the repair staff to have special training through the car manufacturers, such as BMW STEP, Daimler Chrysler CAP, Ford ASSET, GM ASEP, Toyota T-TEN or others.
At Universal Technical Institute (UTI), you won’t just train for a career. You can train for success. The hands-on training and high-tech skills you can get at UTI can put you on the fast track toward a rewarding career as a professional technician. Across the nation, you can find UTI-trained technicians working in great jobs with top manufacturers, dealerships and repair shops.
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
Mechanics in the Minnesota workforce typically earn an annual mean wage $37,360, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) May 2013 report. It estimates that workers’ wages vary from approximately $22,000 to $56,000 across the state. Employees in the Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI region make an estimated $39,530 annual mean wage with a salary range of approximately $22,000 to $59,000. Typically, job applicants with diplomas, such as AAS, earn the higher range of salaries.
More Auto Mechanic Schools in Minneapolis
|SCHOOL NAME||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Dunwoody College of Technology||(612) 374-5800||818 Dunwoody Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55403||http://www.dunwoody.edu/|