The only college in Minneapolis that offers certifications and degrees in the auto industry is Dunwoody College of Technology. The school offers courses in engine performance and engine repair as well as automatic transmission and transaxle; brakes, electrical electronic systems; heating and air conditioning; manual drive train and axles; and suspension and steering. Graduates of the two-year program receive an Associate of Applied Science Degrees (AAS) in Automotive Technology.
How to Get Certified in Minneapolis, MN
Auto technicians and repair personnel do not need special certification to work in Minneapolis. Customers, however, expect better service from accredited workers and often seek out repair shops that hire trained staff. Many vehicle owners want the repair staff to have special training through the car manufacturers, such as BMW STEP, Daimler Chrysler CAP, Ford ASSET, GM ASEP, Toyota T-TEN or others.
At Universal Technical Institute (UTI), you won't just train for a career. You'll train for success. The hands-on training and high-tech skills you'll get at UTI can put you on the fast track toward a rewarding career as a professional technician. Across the nation, you'll find UTI-trained technicians working in great jobs with leading manufacturers, dealerships and repair shops.
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Looking for an Online IT Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
Mechanics in the Minnesota workforce typically earn an annual mean wage $37,360, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) May 2013 report. It estimates that workers’ wages vary from approximately $22,000 to $56,000 across the state. Employees in the Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI region make an estimated $39,530 annual mean wage with a salary range of approximately $22,000 to $59,000. Typically, job applicants with diplomas, such as AAS, earn the higher range of salaries.
More Auto Mechanic Schools in Minneapolis
|SCHOOL NAME||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Dunwoody College of Technology||(612) 374-5800||818 Dunwoody Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55403||http://www.dunwoody.edu/|