Although Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) is the only auto mechanic school in Milwaukee, several technical colleges in the metropolitan area have programs. These include the Oak Creek campus of the MATC and Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC) in Pewaukee. Other schools, such as Gateway Technical College in Kenosha, are a short drive from the city.
How to Get Certified in Milwaukee, WI
MATC offers a two-year associate’s degree in Automotive Mechanics Technology, as well as a certification that takes less than two years. The WCTC offers the Associate of Applied Science Degree; a Technical Degree, which is a lesser degree in automotive maintenance; and other certifications. These courses cover automotive basics, including training in engines, air conditioning, brakes, electronics, fuel management, hybrid technology and transmissions/transaxles.
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Milwaukee, WI
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates that the national median pay for auto mechanics in Wisconsin is approximately $37,320 annually or $17.94 hourly, according to the May 2013 statistics. For Milwaukee area mechanics, the wage is about $42,540. They estimate that metropolitan Milwaukee area employs approximately three mechanics for every 1,000 residents or about 2,570 workers. The BLS estimates that between 2012 and 2022, job growth will be about 9 percent and that qualified applicants with post-secondary education should be able to find employment.
At Universal Technical Institute (UTI), you won't just train for a career. You'll train for success. The hands-on training and high-tech skills you'll get at UTI can put you on the fast track toward a rewarding career as a professional technician. Across the nation, you'll find UTI-trained technicians working in great jobs with leading manufacturers, dealerships and repair shops.
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
More Auto Mechanic Schools in Milwaukee
|SCHOOL NAME||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|MATC Milwaukee campus||(414) 297-6282||700 W State St, Milwaukee, WI 53233||www.matc.edu/about/campuses/downtown/|