Auto mechanics today need specialized skills and knowledge to maintain and repair vehicles. Technological advances in car manufacturing have increased the complexities in today’s cars electronically as well as mechanically. To receive the training needed to succeed as an automotive repair technician, you need to look for accredited schools that provide you with up-to-date knowledge and skills.
The National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) is an organization that aims to improve the quality of automotive technician training programs in the country. A NATEF certified auto mechanics program shows that the school program has been examined and meets the quality requirements set by the organization and is therefore accredited.
The two auto mechanic schools in Mesa that are listed below are both NATEF accredited.
How to Get Certified in Mesa
Certification for specialized areas in automobile repair and maintenance can be earned by attending an accredited school and passing an examination. Graduates from such schools can take the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) examinations in one of nine specialized areas to become certified. These specialized areas are:
• Engine repair
• Automatic transmission/transaxle
• Manual drive train and axles
• Suspension and steering
• Electrical and electronic systems
• Engine performance
• Light vehicle diesel engine
• Heating and air conditioning
Passing an examination makes you a certified automobile technician in that area. With experience and more learning, you can take all nine tests to receive certifications for becoming a Master Automobile Technician; this level of skill will qualify you for top positions and high salaries.
The state of Arizona does not have licensing requirements for auto mechanics. However, attending a NATEF certified program and passing the ASE certification examination will assure you and a prospective employer that you have the knowledge and skills needed to repair modern vehicles.
At Universal Technical Institute (UTI), you won't just train for a career. You'll train for success. The hands-on training and high-tech skills you'll get at UTI can put you on the fast track toward a rewarding career as a professional technician. Across the nation, you'll find UTI-trained technicians working in great jobs with leading manufacturers, dealerships and repair shops.
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Mesa
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has provided wage data for different states for the year 2013. In Arizona, automotive service technicians and mechanics earned an average annual salary of $42,370 at the hourly rate of $20.37. These figures were slightly higher for the Phoenix-Mesa-Glendale area where auto mechanics earned an average of $42,840 over the year, or $20.60 an hour.
Arizona wages for this occupation is higher than the national annual wage average of $39,450 and $18.97 per hour. BLS reported that the top 10 percent wage earners in this occupation earned more than $61,210, or $29.43 an hour.
More Auto Mechanic Schools in Mesa
|SCHOOL NAME||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|East Valley Institute of Technology||(480) 461-4000||1601 W Main St, Mesa, AZ 85201||www.evit.com|
|Mesa Community College||(480) 461-7000||1833 W Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85202||https://www.mesacc.edu|