Working on vehicles is a specialized skill that requires training at accredited educational programs in Louisville, Ky. To find an accredited school, begin by visiting your favorite automobile mechanic repair shop to talk to the owner and employees about where they enrolled in classes. Another excellent resource to learn about degrees in vehicle repair is a local public library that maintains information on education. By looking online, it is also possible to find community colleges or trade schools nearby that teach about automobile repair. A telephone directory will have information about college courses for adult students listed in the business section.
How to Get Certified in Louisville, Kentucky
The city of Louisville does not require vehicle repairpersons to have certification, but there is a nationwide association that offers testing to verify a mechanic has proper training. With testing sites in Louisville, the Automotive Service Excellence or ASE provides wall and wallet certificates to individuals with a passing score. Having these documents is an excellent way to improve the chances of finding employment in a repair shop because many owners want this verification of training.
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Louisville, Kentucky
A full-time and experienced vehicle mechanic in Louisville can earn over $60,000 a year while less experienced individuals earn less. This leads to an approximate hourly wage of $28 an hour. While Louisville is a large city in the state, the cost of living is low compared to many other areas in the United States. It is also possible to work part-time hours or have your own vehicle repair shop rather than work for someone else. Mechanics working for franchised vehicle repair centers often receive benefits such as vacation days and medical insurance.
- Universal Tech Institute
- Jumpstart your Auto Tech Career! Call to Enroll at a UTI School.
- Automotive Technology
- And more...
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Automotive Technology
- Diesel Technology
- Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
More Auto Mechanic Schools in Louisville
|SCHOOL NAME||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Jefferson Community and Technical College||(502) 213-5333||200 W Broadway, Louisville, KY 40202||jefferson.kctcs.edu|