Schools in Las Vegas offer everything from technician certifications to Associate of Applied Science Degrees (AAS) in Automotive Technology. Although there are only two places in Las Vegas to learn auto mechanics, applicants can get the education that employers require from new employees. Career counselors advise that typically graduates with accreditation find jobs quicker and earn more than applicants without training.
How to Get Certified in Las Vegas, NV
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates that there are 3,200 automotive mechanics and technicians working in the Las Vegas-Paradise area or 3.8 workers per thousand workers in all industries. As with most states, people working on vehicles do not need special certification through the state or through the city. Nevertheless, most customers prefer to trust accredited workers. People who own repair shops must obtain the proper licenses for operating a business but do not need special permits to repair and maintain automobiles.
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Las Vegas, NV
In the May 2013 labor statistics report, the BLS estimates that auto repair and maintenance specialists in Nevada earn a mean annual wage of $42,340 or mean hourly pay of $20.36. For the Las Vegas-Paradise area, they estimate that the annual wage of $42,250 is slightly lower than the state average, but this is well above the national average of $35,930. Workers with AAS degrees in automotive technology generally earn the higher level of the wage range, which is approximately $26,000 to $61,000.
More Auto Mechanic Schools in Las Vegas
|SCHOOL NAME||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Advanced Training Institute||(702) 763-5911||5150 S Decatur Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89118||atitraining.com|
|Community College of Southern Nevada||(702) 651-3000||700 College Dr, Henderson, NV 89002||https://www.csn.edu/|