In the May 2013 report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Missouri placed fifth in the nation for the highest density of auto mechanics and technicians per capita. The bureau estimates that 5.85 per 1,000 people work in this industry. This high employment encourages educators to add qualified courses in their institutions. The Metropolitan Community College located in Kansas City, Missouri, offers one associate’s degree and several certificates for auto industry repair and maintenance personnel.
How to Get Certified in Kansas City
Any worker who repairs motor vehicle air-conditioning (MVAC) systems must have the proper license. Students should check their college to see if they offer the section 609 Technician Training and Certification (TT&C) programs. The state does not require other certification for auto repair personnel.
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Kansas City
The BLS May 2013 report states that the mean annual wage for this industry is approximately $37,830, which is above the national average of $35,930. The bureau gives data for the Missouri-Kansas area of Kansas City and shows the mean wages are about $39,710. The expected job growth between 2012 and 2022 is only 5.6 percent for the Kansas City area. This is higher than the 3.9 percent predicted for the state of Missouri, but considerably lower than the projected national rate of about 9 percent.
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Looking for an Online IT Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
List of Auto Mechanic Programs in Missouri
Some technical colleges in Missouri team with car manufacturers so students will receive specialized training and documentation. Some schools offer Daimler Chrysler CAP, Ford ASSET, GM ASEP, Toyota T-TEN or other programs. These extra qualifications can boost a job applicant’s ability to find employment and acquire a higher wage and better benefits. Applicants should contact each institute to learn what training it offers.
Cape Girardeau: Cape Girardeau Career & Tech Center
Carthage: Carthage Technical Center
Chillicothe: Grand River Technical School
Eldon: Eldon Career Center
Excelsior Springs: Excelsior Springs Area Career Center
Hannibal: Hannibal Career & Technical Center
Lamar: Lamar Area Vo-Tech School
Lee’s Summit: Longview Community College
Lexington: Lex La-Ray Technical Center
Linn: Linn State Technical College
Monett: Southwest Area Career Center
Sedalia: State Fair Community College
Springfield: Ozarks Tech. Comm. College
St. Louis: Ranken Technical College
Washington: Four Rivers Career Center