No matter where you live, deciding to become an auto mechanic is a pretty smart decision. After all, people will always need their cars fixed no matter what happens with the economy. By going to an auto mechanic school, you’ll be able to learn everything that you need to know to start out in this line of work.
If you already live in Jacksonville, it makes sense to stay in the area for your education if you can. Before you choose the nearest college, though, you should ask your local school about accreditation. Some colleges are accredited, but some aren’t. In the vast majority of situations, accredited colleges and universities are better for students than unaccredited schools. The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools is currently in charge of reviewing schools in Jacksonville.
How to Get Certified in Jacksonville, FL
If you’re serious about your career, think about getting certified. You’ll have to get some work experience first, but you should be eligible for certification through the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence after you’ve held down an auto mechanic job for a year or two.
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Looking for an Online IT Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Jacksonville, FL
The average mechanic in Jacksonville makes $18.24 per hour, or $37,950 per year. This is just about on par with the rest of the country. Virtually all individuals with this job make more than $20,000 per year, and some make over $50,000 annually. Your actual pay will be determined by your employer, your skills, your education and the amount of relevant work experience that you have.
List of Auto Mechanic Programs in Jacksonville, FL
There are currently two colleges in Jacksonville that offer programs of study in the automotive field. J-Tech is a school that offers associate’s degrees, and Florida State College at Jacksonville offers both certificates and associate’s degrees. Both schools are right in Jacksonville, so you should be able to continue living in your home or apartment while attending school and working towards your degree.
There are a couple of auto mechanic schools to choose from if you want to get an education in Jacksonville. By graduating from a good college and receiving a certificate or degree, you’ll be prepared to get an entry-level job in the automotive field and start a fun and interesting career.