In order to find an accredited auto mechanic school you must visit the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) website and search for classes in Idaho. You can choose between automobile, collision repair & refinish, medium/heavy duty truck, and secondary or post-secondary education. Most programs last between six months and one year but a 2 year associates degree is also an option. There are also schools available that offer courses completely online which is perfect for individuals who already have full time jobs.
How to Get Certified in Idaho
There are several entities who deal with certification of automotive technicians. The first is the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation. NATEF evaluates programs using the standards developed by the United States automotive industry. Then they recommend which schools they feel should qualify for accreditation by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
The first step a student can take to building their career is to obtain ASE Student Certification. The ASE certificate program is specially designed to evaluate and certify students who are near the end of their education.
The student does not need any work experience in order to qualify; they just need to pass one or more exams. Once the exam is completed the school will print the certificate which will be valid for two years from the date the test was taken. Tests are offered every fall and spring and are taken at the college through secure computer-based testing. A staff person who is not an instructor will serve as proctor.
At Universal Technical Institute (UTI), you won't just train for a career. You'll train for success. The hands-on training and high-tech skills you'll get at UTI can put you on the fast track toward a rewarding career as a professional technician. Across the nation, you'll find UTI-trained technicians working in great jobs with leading manufacturers, dealerships and repair shops.
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Idaho
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the annual mean wage for an auto mechanic is $36,430 with an hourly mean wage of $17.51.
More Auto Mechanic Schools in Idaho
|SCHOOL NAME||CITY||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Idaho State University||Pocatello||(208) 282-2700||921 South 8th Avenue, Pocatello, ID 83201||www.isu.edu|
|Lewis - Clark State College||Lewiston||(208) 792-5272||500 8th Avenue, Lewiston, ID 83501||www.lcsc.edu|
|North Idaho College||Coeur d'Alene||(208) 769-3300||1000 West Garden Avenue, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814||www.nic.edu|
|College of Western Idaho||Nampa||(208) 562-3000||5500 East Opportunity Drive, Nampa, ID 83687||cwidaho.cc|
|Eastern Idaho Technical College||Idaho Falls||(208) 524-3000||1600 South 25th East, Idaho Falls, ID 83404||www.eitc.edu|
|College of Southern Idaho||Twin Falls||(208) 733-9554||315 Falls Ave, Twin Falls, ID 83301||www.csi.edu|
|Brigham Young University - Idaho||Rexburg||(208) 496-1411||525 South Center Street, Rexburg, ID 83460||www.byui.edu|