In times past, Denver mechanics learned their trade in high school auto shops, on the job or at their fathers’ knees. Today, however, automobiles are complicated examples of the art and science of mechanical high technology.
If budding mechanics want to become respected and well-paid professionals, formal courses need to be the first step toward their careers.
It is a good idea for those considering this career to visit the Denver area schools and seriously consider each program offered.
Prospective students can ask mechanics or potential future employers for their recommendations or tour promising schools.
They should examine each training program to find the one best suited to their interests.
How to Get Certified in Denver, CO
As a first step toward an auto technician career, students can take the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Student Certification program. These tests evaluate students who are close to graduation.
There are no work requirements for the tests and they are given via secure terminals. All training programs can give the tests.
After graduation, the ASE offers more than 30 tests and 9 practice tests to mechanics who are ready to take their education and make it a career. Nearly all employers now require ASE certification.
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Denver, CO
In the Denver-Broomfield-Aurora area, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) lists service technicians and mechanics (BLS 49-3023).
Studies from 2013 of the region determined that the average hourly wage in this area is $20.28. The average annual salary is $42,080. Wages are third in Colorado, behind Boulder and Colorado Springs, CO.
More Auto Mechanic Schools in Denver
|SCHOOL NAME||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Red Rocks Community College||303.914.6010||13300 6th Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228||www.rrcc.edu|
|Emily Griffith Opportunity School||720-423-4700||1860 Lincoln St, 3rd Floor, Denver, CO 80203||www.emilygriffith.edu|
|Front Range Community College||(303) 404-5000||3645 W 112th Ave, Westminster, CO 80031||https://www.frontrange.edu|
|Lincoln College of Technology||(303) 722-5724||11194 E 45th Ave, Denver, CO 80239||www.lincolntech.edu/campus/denver-co|
|Pickens Technical College||(303) 344-4910||500 Airport Blvd, Aurora, CO 80011||www.pickenstech.org/|