Colorado Springs residents who are ready to attend auto mechanic schools should note that there are a plethora of things that should be considered during the selection process. Some of the things you’ll want to take into consideration include school accreditation, certification options, and the type of salary you can expect to bring home once you’ve secured a job. By reading the auto mechanic outline offered below, Colorado Springs residents can gain the knowledge necessary to make informed educational decisions:
When you create your checklist of things to look for in an auto mechanic college, be sure that accreditation is at the top of the list. There are at least two reasons why accreditation is of great importance when you start searching for the perfect auto mechanic degree program. One of the reasons is that accreditation ensures that you’re taking classes that conform to guidelines of standardization. The second is that your prospective employers will almost always view candidates who have attended accredited learning institutions more favorably than those who have not.
Certification Options for Auto Mechanics in Colorado Springs, CO
If you’re serious about building a long-term career in the auto mechanic industry, you should note that attaining certification is an excellent idea. There are numerous certifications that you can obtain, and some of the best ones are offered through the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence. Some of them include:
Automobile Technician: Service Consultant
Truck Electronic Diesel Engine Diagnosis Specialist
Automobile Parts Specialist
Medium/Heavy Truck Dealership Parts Specialist
Certified Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Truck Equipment Specialist: Auxiliary Power Systems
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado Springs residents who wish to work as auto mechanics should note that they can expect to bring home $22,000 each year. However, you should keep in mind that at least four factors can significantly alter an auto mechanic’s yearly income. Three of the factors include job performance, employer, and educational level. The fourth factor is any areas of expertise that you have.
List of Auto Mechanic Programs in Colorado
There are several auto mechanic programs in Colorado that you can enroll in:
Aims Community College
Arapahoe Community College
Colorado State University-Pueblo
Front Range Community College
Mesa State College
Morgan Community College
Northeastern Junior College
Otero Junior College
Pikes Peak Community College
Pueblo Community College
Red Rocks Community College
Trinidad State Junior College