Recent Bureau of Labor Statistics acknowledges the fact that Auto Mechanics are in high demand across the country. The future is very bright for those that are thinking about joining the automotive repair career. Auto Mechanics are actually very skilled workers. They are required to use the latest technology to identify mechanical problems with their customer’s vehicle. This requires the assistance of computerized diagnostic equipment to perform an automotive test on the vehicle. Generally, mechanics work on a full time basis for a company. However, a small percentage are self-employed and work out of their own repair shop. This is certainly a very demanding job and requires someone that has great stamina along with good physical condition. Let’s take a closer look at this service job.
Those that live in the Austin, TX area would probably like to attend classes that are nearby. Fortunately, there are a number of accredited Auto Mechanic Schools within the area. First, it is important to understand that the applicant requires a high school diploma to attend the accredited institution. Typically, a training program takes about 2 or 3 years to complete.
How to Get Certified in Austin, TX
Certainly, certification demonstrates that the applicant has acquired advanced training in their job field. This places them one step above those that do not have this distinction. The National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence offers those credentials to establish that the holder is competent to perform duties required. This usually results in higher pay too.
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right IT, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software and Application Development, Web Design or Technology Management Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Information Technology Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect IT/Computer Science Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Austin, TX
Auto Mechanical Salaries depend on a number of very important factors. For example, education, experience, hours worked. It is also important to note that some receive a commission along with their wages while others do not. However, those working on a full time basis generally earn between $27, 058 to $46.076 per year. The national median salary is about $36, 610 per year.
More Auto Mechanic Schools in Austin
|SCHOOL NAME||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|Austin Community College||(512) 223-4222||1212 Rio Grande St, Austin, TX 78701||www.austincc.edu|