For those seeking certification in auto mechanics, Nashville would be an excellent destination to consider. Auto mechanical schools in the area offer instruction in multiple fields such as automotive, motorcycle technology, and diesel with a focus on baseline diagnosis and vehicle maintenance and repair.
Below are listings that detail what schools are accessible in the area, certification information, median salaries, and general program availability.
Nashville has four specialized vocational schools with large focuses on job-specific hands-on training in the automotive industry. In addition, several of the colleges and community colleges in the area offer degrees associated with automobile maintenance and repair. As an added bonus, many of the schools also offer online courses for those interested in a formal education without having to attend campus.
• Lincoln College of Technology – Formerly known as Nashville Auto Diesel College Inc. – Specializes in automotive technician training, collision repair and auto body training, and diesel training. This is the premiere accredited automotive school in the Greater Nashville area.
Online Only Options: (These are online schools that accept Nashville, TN area students)
• Penn Foster – Self-paced school that offers multiple related programs such as repair technician, diesel mechanics, motorcycle repair technician, and small engine repair.
• Statford Career Institute – Specializes in auto mechanics and small engine repair.
• Ashworth College – Specializes in auto technician and motorcycle repair.
Additional Colleges and Technical Institutes offering some auto mechanic programs:
• Nashville State Technical Community College
• Tennessee Technology Center at Nashville
• Vanderbilt University
• Lipscomb University
• Tennessee State University
How to Get Certified in Nashville, TN
Basic courses needed for standard certification as an automotive technician can be achieved in as little as 6-12 months. After the initial training, an advanced certification (ASE) may be obtained from the National institute for Automotive Service Excellence.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Automotive Technology
- Diesel Technology
- Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Auto Repair Technician
- Diesel Mechanics
- Motorcycle Repair Technician
- And more...
Salaries for Jobs in Nashville, TN
With ASE certification, trainees can expect to earn a median annual income of around $39,000 as an auto service technician. Those with licenses in Collision Repair and Refinishing can expect upwards of $49,000 per year in the Nashville area.
List of Programs in Nashville, TN
• Automotive Technician
• Automotive Technology
• Motorcycle Repair Technician
• Diesel Mechanics
• Diesel Technology
• Small Engine Repair
• Collision Repair and Refinishing
• Engineering Mechanics **advanced degree
• Mechanical Engineering **advanced degree
Finding the right college for you can be a daunting task. Luckily, Nashville has a lot to offer for just about anyone no matter what sort of training they are interested in.