Although Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) is the only auto mechanic school in Milwaukee, several technical colleges in the metropolitan area have programs. These include the Oak Creek campus of the MATC and Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC) in Pewaukee. Other schools, such as Gateway Technical College in Kenosha, are a short drive from the city.
How to Get Certified in Milwaukee, WI
MATC offers a two-year associate’s degree in Automotive Mechanics Technology, as well as a certification that takes less than two years. The WCTC offers the Associate of Applied Science Degree; a Technical Degree, which is a lesser degree in automotive maintenance; and other certifications. These courses cover automotive basics, including training in engines, air conditioning, brakes, electronics, fuel management, hybrid technology and transmissions/transaxles.
Salaries for Auto Mechanic Jobs in Milwaukee, WI
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates that the national median pay for auto mechanics in Wisconsin is approximately $37,320 annually or $17.94 hourly, according to the May 2013 statistics. For Milwaukee area mechanics, the wage is about $42,540. They estimate that metropolitan Milwaukee area employs approximately three mechanics for every 1,000 residents or about 2,570 workers. The BLS estimates that between 2012 and 2022, job growth will be about 9 percent and that qualified applicants with post-secondary education should be able to find employment.
- Auto Repair Technician
- Diesel Mechanics
- Motorcycle Repair Technician
- And more...
At Universal Technical Institute (UTI), you won’t just train for a career. You’ll train for success. The hands-on training and high-tech skills you’ll get at UTI can put you on the fast track toward a rewarding career as a professional technician. Across the nation, you’ll find UTI-trained technicians working in great jobs with top manufacturers, dealerships and repair shops.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- BS in Aeronautics
More Auto Mechanic Schools in Milwaukee
|SCHOOL NAME||PHONE NUMBER||STREET ADDRESS||WEBSITE|
|MATC Milwaukee campus||(414) 297-6282||700 W State St, Milwaukee, WI 53233||www.matc.edu/about/campuses/downtown/|